These delicious turkey and mushroom meatballs are so juicy, tender, and unbelievably flavorful. These turkey meatballs are healthy because they are a blend of mushrooms and turkey which keeps these meatballs juicy and full of 'meaty' flavor. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed
- 5 cloves of Garlic
- 2.5 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 White onion, cut into long strips to fit into the food processor
- 1 lb 99% Lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with tinfoil and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a food processor, using the cheese grater blade, shred the mushrooms, garlic, onion, and parmesan.
- Transfer the shredded ingredients to a bowl and add the ground turkey, milk, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, and seasonings. Using your hands, mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Shape each meatball into 1 1/2in - 2in sized pieces, placing each turkey and mushroom meatball onto the baking sheet. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, ensuring the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Enjoy!
- If you don't have a food processor with a cheese grater blade, you can shred the ingredients with a traditional cheese grater or finely chopped with a knife.
- Serve meatballs with a jar of your favorite marinara sauce, fresh cooked pasta or polenta, and optional freshly grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Serving Size: 5 Meatballs
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 909 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 124 mg
Keywords: Turkey Mushroom Meatballs, Healthy Meatballs