Meant to add a little burst of fresh Summer flavor to your drink, these star-cubes give you hints of strawberry, mint, and lemon zest. When added to sparkling water, the star-cubes melt and bubble ever so gently to give your drink a pretty pink hue and a refreshing splash of flavor. I also love that you can adjust the amount of flavor by adding more or less star-cubes to your drink!
1 1/2 tablespoons Lemon zest (1 medium lemon)
1 1/3 tablespoon Sugar
4 medium Mint leaves
1 cup Blueberries
Optional drink garnish: Lemon slices and mint sprigs
- In a food processor, blend trimmed strawberries, lemon zest, sugar, and mint leaves until it becomes a smooth puree (about 30 seconds).
- Spoon your strawberry puree into an ice cube tray or mold shapes and freeze overnight. Lay your blueberries out flat on a freezer safe surface and freeze overnight as well.
- Keep the strawberry puree and blueberries frozen until you are ready to serve. Prepare the glasses by adding ice, star-cubes, and frozen blueberries to the drink, then topping off the top with sparkling water and garnish. Add about 2-4 strawberry star-cubes to each 8 oz glass, adjusting the amount depending on your desired flavor strength. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes about 22-25 ice cubes using the linked star ice mold. Each star ice mold holds a little over a teaspoon of puree if you wanted to get the same quantity using different ice molds.
- For the most flavor, I found that adding one strawberry star-cube for every 2oz of water was best.
- Serving Size: 1 Star-cube (1.2 tbs puree)
- Calories: 6
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 0 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Summer, drink, strawberry puree